Points to Consider Before Buying
There is a wide range of smart door locks to pick from. You should select the model that is the most “connected” with your needs. Here are a few of the available options:
· You can choose to completely replace your door’s locking mechanism or install a conversion kit that will work directly with your existing lock. However, simply retrofitting your door lock should in no way be considered a security upgrade! If you want the added security, you should go for a whole new smart door lock system.
· There are three main ways users can operate their smart locks. They can lock and unlock their door via their smartphone, with their fingerprint or automatically according to a preset schedule of each family member’s daily comings and goings. Pick the one that is best for you!
· Make sure you choose a model that is straightforward to install; however, the degree of difficulty this usually involves is within the reach of most homeowners. All you will need is fifteen minutes and a screwdriver. Configuring the lock system with your smartphone and Wi-Fi will only require fifteen minutes more.
· The objective of smart integration is to allow you to manage your new lock via a home personal assistant system such as Google Home, Amazon Alexa, etc. Be certain the model you prefer is compatible with your smart home system before you buy!
· Make sure your system and Wi-Fi connection are very secure. If it is vulnerable to hacking, your door won’t be safe. Moreover, some locks can be quickly removed with a flat head screwdriver. Installing this kind makes the entire home more vulnerable.